Maternity Level 4 should only be attended by students who have already gained some experience as a maternity nurse (or junior maternity nurse or as a student placement) and who have completed the Level 3 course either through HATA or another accredited organisation.
With Level 4 the learners will have opportunity to:
• reflect on own practise
• share experience with other newly qualified Maternity Nurses
• discuss any issues and challenges when working as a Maternity Nurse
• deepen their knowledge
• re-evaluate their working style
• discuss any issues when getting bookings
• discuss any issues when going for interviews
The course content:
• Developmental stages from foetal development to 1 years age
• Understanding how ethnicity, gender and disability shape early childhood experiences
• Theories associated with attachment and maternal separation
• Feeding problems and the solutions
• Problems with feeding
• Identifying suitable methods for increasing milk supply
• Working with babies with GER and GERD
• Postnatal Depression
• Understanding legislation for safeguarding and welfare of young children
• Caring for babies with additional needs
• Evaluating personal values and beliefs when working as Maternity Nurse
• Identifying limitations of a Maternity Nurse
About the trainer:
The course is instructed by Julie Heginbottom, experienced Maternity Nurse and Sleep Consultant. Julie has 23 year’s experience in childcare including as a nanny, maternity nurse and sleep consultant. She holds an NNEB, a degree in Early Years and is a qualified nutritional therapist, childcare tutor and assessor. Julie has worked extensively with many different families through her own consultancy and aims to empower parents, finding solutions that fit their lifestyle and philosophy rather than advocating a one-size-fits-all approach. As a trainer Julie applies these same principles, prioritising up-to-date, essential information but allowing each student to find their own niche. Julie has collaborated with HATA on a wide range of courses, bringing us her considerable experience and perspective as a nanny and maternity nurse.
The course team also includes Carmen Pagor, RN (child), RHV, IBCLC.
Carmen Pagor is a trained nursery nurse, Registered Children’s Nurse, Health Visitor and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). She has extensive experience in acute and community settings and in health promotion and preventative work. To become an IBCLC she undertook specialist education in human lactation, completed over 1000 clinical hours supporting breastfeeding mothers and their babies and sat the board certification examination. She enjoys supporting families to achieve their breastfeeding goals and sharing her experience and knowledge to equip HATA learners with the skills to nurture families and provide up to date, research based care.
I love the Maternity Course, it was very informative and very personal.”
“The topic were very well explained and Tutor was very approachable and gave us lots of great practical advice.”
“The group was small and I did not expect that I would enjoy it so much. I love the fact that we had lots of opportunities to share our experience with other nannies and tutor.”
Cost of Level 3 is £495 payable upon booking and includes the Certification
or in instalments: Booking fees £40; instalments £20 for 25 weeks
The cost of Level 4 is £299
Book Level 3 & Level 4 and receive £150 discount ( cost of both courses – 4 day course – £644 with a free CPD Course)
If you have already attended Level 3 please contact us to book your place.
Book Level 4:
Learners who enrolled on this course also enrolled on:
Home Affairs Training Academy (HATA), 10 Greycoat Place, Victoria, SW1P 1SB, London, United Kingdom